Skywatcher AZ GOTO
I’ve just ordered this new mount along with a dovetail bar to allow me to use my 130p tube, am just waiting for delivery now. Once I receive the mount I’ll take some more photos to add below along with posting my initial thoughts.
The Skywatcher SynScan Alt-Azimuth GoTo Mount allows you to easily find and observe planets, nebulae, star clusters, galaxies and more. With the easy to use SynScan hand control, you can point your telescope at a specific object, or tour the night sky at the touch of a button!
- SynScan™ Database: Total 42,900+ Objects, including Complete M, NGC, IC & SAO Catalogues
- Alignment Method: Two-star or Brightest star alignment
- Pointing Accuracy Enhancement (PAE) feature
- Unknown Object Identification feature
- Pointing Accuracy up to 10 arc min
- Tracking Rates: Sidereal, Lunar, Solar
- Slewing Speeds: 1.0x, 2.0x, 16x, 32x, 64x, 128x, 400x, 500x, 600x, 800x
- Tracking Mode: Dual Axis Tracking
- Quiet Operation
- Motor Type & Resolution: DC Servo Motors. Resolution 0.8923 arc sec or 1,452,425 steps/rev
- PC Compatible: can be used with popular Planetarium Software.
- SynScan Handset Firmware upgradeable via the Internet
- Power Requirement: 12v DC Power Supply (Tip Positive) or AA Batteries (not supplied). Sky-Watcher 7Ah or 17Ah Power Tank Recommended.
SkyWatcher EQ2 with RA Motor Drive
My original tripod was the EQ2 with an RA Motor I ordered from First Light Optics. The tripod and Motor were very easy to assemble and attach to the scope following the instructions provided. The only additional change I made was to get some velcro pads which would allow me to stick the handset to the legs of the mount. Will upload some photos soon to show the motor in place.
Complete with handset and battery holder. Can be fitted to any telescope supplied with the Skywatcher EQ2 equatorial mount. Provides multi-speed (1x/2x/4x) motor tracking of the R.A. axis. Battery-powered (requires 4x D Cells).